SkidMap is a mountain bike trail-map by mountain bikers and for mountain bikers. It is a very powerful browser based tool for finding rides.
The map shows all submitted MTB trails at once from Salmon to Moab to Sedona to Adelaide, AU! AND the map works great on your smartphone browser...Bonus.
We spent several weeks over the winter working w/ the SkidMap gurus to include some of our favorite Salmon area rides on their map. In exchange, they gave us access to the trail database to update the current Trail Conditions and Ratings, add photos, add videos and include local knowledge. Look for more trail additions and suggested trail directionality soon.
SkidMap has many great functions conveniently placed its toolbar and in trail information panes. We worked up a big "How To Use SkidMap" Treatise to post here...but the video below explains all the functions very well (and it saves you from actually having to read more.) There is a list of the basic functions below the video too.
|The Green SkidMap button, when clicked, will open a map in a bigger window zoomed to that area.|
|There are small SkidMap Balloon Buttons that will do the same. We will add more of these in the future.|
SkidMap How To Video
SkidMap Toolbar Modes and Functions...
- Three Modes: Trail Difficulty, Trail Conditions, Trail Ratings.
- Home Button (graphic); return to your favorite map view every time you use SkidMap by saving it w/ the Home Button.
- Search Button; enter the name of the trail, SkidMap generates a list of matches, click one of the matches to zoom straight to that trail or trailhead.
- Video Button; click this to turn the video icon on and off. If a trail has a YouTube video showing it, the icon shows up.
- Print Button; shift the map to the view of your choice, click the Print button to format the view for your printer. Then use your browser "print" function.
- Elevation Button; click on a trail, with the Elevation button "on", a pane shows that trails elevation profile.